:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, September 24, 2004 ::

:: One Year in Miami and all I got was this Stupid T-Shirt ::
Today marks the One Year anniversary of my move to South Miami Beach (technically, I arrived September 23rd but I spent most of that day on a plane so it doesn't count). Looking back, I can't believe it's already been one year while at the same I time, I can't believe it's only been one year. What a change, what an adventure. Knowing that this day was coming up, I spent some time ? mainly trying to avoid doing schoolwork ? reflecting on some of the differences in my life.

- Let's start with the easy stuff: In SoCal, I had a car; now I walk a lot more.

- My hair is considerably longer, not surprising since I haven't cut it since I moved.

- My exercise routine has changed, in that I actually exercise now. Kidding. Before I was something of a gym rat but now that I don't have a gym membership, I've resorted to running around a track at the nearby park. Something of a minor feat since while I like working out, I hate running. Even more than I hate light beer.

- I'm more disciplined now. It all started when I tried out the Atkins diet a couple of years ago and I've maintained (most of) that discipline to this point. And yet...

- ...I can be such a lazy bastard. Never more apparent then my sleeping pattern when school is not in session. Sleeping in till 2-3pm isn't uncommon, and even then it's still another couple of hours before I drag my lazy ass out of the bed.

- I use a lot more profanity. I'm not really proud of this nor can I pinpoint when this started back up. It doesn't bother me really that I cuss more; it gives me pause since it probably should.

- I eat healthier. Not Atkins or anything but, healthier. I'm also thinner. Or rather, less fat.

- As if it was possible my humor has gotten even drier.

- I've discovered I really like bars, though I still don't like clubs. Not really surprising considering one my of my favorite places back home is Hennessey's Tavern.

- I used to play tennis, volleyball, football, and softball fairly regularly. Here I play soccer. I hate soccer. Almost as much as I hate running. And NO I will never call it football.

- I've discovered that I can be a pretty good server so if the economy tanks again or this advertising thing doesn't work out, I can always make a decent living working at a nice restaurant. I'm still wondering if that's a good thing.

- Despite my dryness, I'm funnier here. While I still get plenty of blank stares, I tend to garner more laughter than back in LA. I wonder if it's an East Coast thing.

- I flirt a lot more. It's not really a case of women of the East Coast vs. West Coast but rather, my old circle of friends contained way too many uptight women.

- Going the first 9 months here without a TV, I've learned that I have a unique ability to find new ways to goof off. Again, I don't know if this is a good thing.

I could probably go on but this list is long enough as it is and sometimes, it gets a little dull writing about myself.`

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 7:23 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?