:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Sunday, September 26, 2004 ::

:: Hurricane Hangover ::
I'm going to be happy once hurricane season is over because waiting one out can really, really suck. Not that South Beach has been in any real dnager since none of the four hurricanes have come that close to Miami, fortunately. But they've all been close enough that we've received warnings and evacuation orders at one point or another. Sitting around, doing nothing and drinking beer is fun but only on occasion and for guy like me who likes being outdoors, it can feel stifling.

So imagine how happy I was when Hurricane Jeanne took a little loop and decided she wanted to see the sights in Florida. Again, there wasn't any real threat here but there was still both an evacuation order as well as a curfew for people like me who didn't want to leave. So once I again get a few cans of food, a couple of jugs of water, and some other stuff just in case it does get real bad but... it doesn't. Forunately.

Still, I don't know what it is but just like last time, I had everything I needed to do some work but all I did was either watch sports, sleep, or eat. And I still woke up this morning feeling sluggish. What's that all about?

I shook off the cobwebs by going for a run this morning and like most day-afters, it was quite nice outside. Seriously though, no more hurricanes.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 10:14 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?