:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, March 25, 2004 ::

:: Spring Break ::
I'm spending my spring break at a buddy's place up in Palm Beach and it's been pretty nice so far. We discussed the irony of being students attending a school and living in South Beach and going to Palm Beach for spring break, whereas many other students are looking forward to spending their spring break in South Beach.

For those of you back home, the area of Palm Beach that I'm staying in reminds me somewhat of parts of Orange County. Lots of construction and new development, close proximity to the beach, and mostly friendly people. Part of the fun, if you're a baseball fan, is that it's pretty close to several spring training sites and the Marlins have a pretty nice venue called Roger Dean Stadium. I went to a Dodgers @ Marlins game on tuesday and I won't go into game details other than saying it was a fun experience.. I would have normally been ok with cheap seats but this being the Dodgers, I wanted to get as close to possible so we started off with great front-row seats right at first base. Thanks to some mild sprinkles some people cleared out early and we moved up to seat right behind home plate.

We're going back to catch another game or two before the end of the week and if there's time, maybe check out Dodgertown. I've been told that it's been rated the number one spring training site in all of baseball. If only the actual team itself lived up to those lofty standards.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 12:14 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?