:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Monday, March 01, 2004 ::

:: Geeks of the World Unite! ::
Geeks of the world Unite! The Academy's lifelong tradition of shunning fantasy and science-fiction movies and relegating them the "genre film" status has been finally lifted. Geeks everywhere are banding together in celebration with what they must consider a monumental victory for "one of our kind." I can say that without any hesitation since they probably don't have anything else to do, unless there's a Star Trek convention in town. And it's not like they're gonna be out on dates or anything.

Actually, I didn't really pay too much attention to the Oscars (though I will say that out of the five, "Master and Commander" was arguably more deserving than "Lord of the Rings," despite its epic accomplishments and my own affection towards it) since I've been so wrapped up in other things, despite being a huge movie fan. I didn't even know it was on until I went to the laundromat and saw it on their TVs. I actually wanted to switch it to SportsCenter but I'm pretty sure I would have been chased out by the group of people whose well-being seemed predicated on whether or not Charlize Theron's would win.

I haven't yet but I'm quite eager to see Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" to see what all the fuss is about. I mean, I know what the fuss is about. I'm referring to the huge negative backlash from certain special interest groups who've been spewing pejoratives long before the movie was ever viewed. I know the story that I'm going to see, I know about Gibson's style of direction, and I already know about the some of the historical inaccuracies presented in the film. I find it odd that I'm not looking towards some life-changing experience the way some have described even though I can understand why some viewers have left the movie sobbing. Maybe it's because I'm fully aware that this story is merely one man's interpretation of the story. I'm just looking to be entertained.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 8:48 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?