:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 ::

All my DVDs are back in L.A. so I've tried out Netflix for the last two-plus months and so far I like it. There's no late fees so I can keep the discs as long as I want, which makes it great for watching TV shows. I've seen the first season of "West Wing," the only two seasons of "Sports Night," a few foreign films that you might not find at Blockbuster, and I just started the first season of "Alias."

I think "Sports Night" might be one of my favorite series of all time, and not because it's about sports. "Sports Night" is about the sports the way "Charlie's Angels" is about law enforcement. It revolves around a "Sportscenter" like news program but it's really about the personal lives and relationship between the people who work there. Each episode is really fast paced, very funny, and extremely well written. The women on that show are attractive and funny, but that's for later. Part of the reason I like it is because of I can, on some levels, relate to one of the characters, also named "Danny" (no relation).

We both share a love of sports, a dry sense of humor, and a penchant for verbal gaffes. We both have a rather strained relationships with our fathers, and have at one time or another, fallen for an otherwise good woman emotionally scarred by a past relationship. I was especially engrossed with this storyline: Dan spends an extraordinary amount of effort trying to get a woman named Rebecca Wells to date him, with her reluctance being the result of a past marriage with an emotionally abusive sportscaster. Once they?re together he spends an extraordinary amount of energy trying to help her get over the detritus left by her ex-husband and is somewhat successful - only to discover that she?s still married, albeit "separated." She eventually decides to give her marriage a second chance by going to counseling. Dan, trying to be a good man, is supportive of her decision and they part amicably but the result leaves him in an emotional funk.

I got caught up in this storyline since it my dating past involves a few women who were scarred by past relationships. I'm not drawn to the emotionally damaged, I was never out trying to be some girl's knight in shining armor and I certainly am not now, but for whatever reason that was the only type I had any success with (Freud would have a field day, I'm sure). I would never discover this information until I'm already waist deep and discover the relationship was ill fated from the beginning. Of course, there were a couple of relationships that failed mostly because I was an enormous doofus but that's a whole other blog.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I've certainly broken myself out of that pattern and it's not like there's really anyone that I'm interested in now. For whatever reason, I seem to be thinking about relationships more lately. It?s probably due to the fact that I'm unemployed and on spring break and not really used to having this much free time. And when I have down time, I tend to think and that's never a good thing.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 9:11 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?