:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, February 06, 2004 ::

:: I Shaved ::
I've been putting it off as long as I can, just to see how long I can go without it being done. It's not I haven't had the time or I'm trying to stretch myself in any way but it's just something I wanted to maintain for as long as until it got ridiculous. Well, I finally did it. I went ahead and shaved my beard.

Actually, "beard" is probably too generous a term for it since my facial hair is far too patchy to really grow anything beyond a goatee (that part I kept). But still, I have a rather large head and we're talking a lot of hair here since I haven't gone anywhere near a razor since December 19th last year. I probably would have helped if I had a set of clippers but the only thing I had to work with was my trusty Mach 3 so it ended up taking up more time than normal. After that ordeal, my razor up and quit on me to go find easier work as a chisel for guys who make ice sculptures. I've received absolutely no flak about my growth whatsoever since guys looking scruffy is fairly normal here.

I'm sure some of you have noticed the satiric nature of the last few posts. They typical don't start off that way but with this quarter's workload, my sometimes tired brain goes off on a tangent (and occasionally takes sine and cosine with it) and the results are... well, you tell me. Another reasoning for this is probably me exercising some of the things I've learned in writing classes. I certainly feel like I'm learning things. As for what I'm learning... I go back and read what I wrote and I have to ask myself what exactly am I learning.

One thing is for sure: like so many things about me, my writing isn't for everyone.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 3:40 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?