:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, February 13, 2004 ::

:: I Need Rest. Or Something. ::
I'm not exactly sure the reason behind this or how it even got started but ever since I returned to Florida I haven't been able to maintain any sort of regular sleep pattern. Take this past week for example: Monday night, I went to bed around 3:00am and woke up at 10:00; went to bed that night at 4:30-ish, woke up at 1:00pm; Wednesday night I fell asleep around 1:00am and woke up around noon; Thursday, I wasn't able to fall asleep at all which leads right now, which means I've been awake a little over twenty-nine hours. And I'm completely wired, thanks to all the coffee and Diet Coke I've been drinking all day so I don't fall asleep in class.

I've had my first experience buttting heads with a creative partner this past week. It wasn't even over creative differences either. I snapped at my partner because I was fed up with this person's abject flakiness. On day's we're supposed to meet, she's either been late or hasn't bothered showing up at all for the last couple of weeks. And she goes about her business without so much as a quick "sorry" for being late. I can tolerate tardiness. Lord knows I'm not the best at showing up on time but at least I do show up and have the courtesy to call ahead and let the person know if I'm going to be late or unable to make the meeting. Not to mention that between the two of us I've done most of the work.

I suppose it could have gone better from my end. I certainly could have been less aggressive when confronting her but considering her already sour mood, I doubt it really would have made much of a difference. I don't know if I'm coming off as holier-than-thou about this but considering that I've had many other partners in both past and present quarters without a single incident until this little tiff, I don't think I was in the wrong.

Oh well. At least it's finally the weekend. It's going to be 84 degrees tomorrow and I just might make my first trek out to the beach.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 5:13 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?