:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 ::

Did anyone else catch that big spectacle on TV last Sunday? It seems in the midst of all the commercials, a crappy MTV mini concert and a Janet Jackson tit sighting was the rumor of a football game. And a pretty good one at that.

Seriously, I know the Super Bowl is supposed to be one of the biggest TV events of the year but this year was quite over the top. Good thing the game itself was one of the best games in recent history because most of the peripheral "entertainment" left a lot to be desired. I never thought I'd say this but Aerosmith was a yawner and the halftime show was sheer, utter crap not worthy of even my pink toilet.

But the game itself? What a glorious display of strategy, playmaking, heart and good old-fashion smashmouth football. I was probably the only one in the room that didn't find the first 27 scoreless minutes boring. Both Brady and Delhomme were masterful in torching the defenses and putting up some spectacular plays.

Being a student of advertising, I watched the commercials with a more critical eye than I normally do. I thought the Pepsi spot featuring a young Jimi Hendrix was great, as were the Bud Light Donkey, the Chevrolet ad featuring the kids with the soap in their mouths, the Simpsons MasterCard spot, and the NFL commercial with Jerry Jones and Bill Parcels singing "Tomorrow." The Subway commercial, even though it didn't air until after the game was over deserves mention since it finally didn't feature Jared the weight loss guy.

Ok spots were for Cadillac, AOL, and Charmin.

Downright disturbing: Mike Ditka pitching a male impotence drug is, I'm sorry, WRONG. I don't know about you guys but I do NOT need to picture Ditka with an erection... I really don't... need... that... crap because quite frankly that image is probably going to prevent me from ever achieving an erection myself. Gawd forbid I'll ever have to take those pills... wait, that's it. That's their whole strategy! Force us to envision Ditka with a boner which would take the sails out of just about any guy, which in turn forces them to go out and the buy their product if they ever want to be able to get it back up... those insidious bastards. It's sneaky, it's tricksy, its... brilliant.

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor that Bostonians are going to build a statue of Adam Viniteri at Foxboro.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 1:42 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?