:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 ::

A few of my new friends have asked me if I got my sense of humor from my parents. I tell them yes, which is why my parents are no longer funny.

Going back to what I blogged about in my last post: Before leaving, I'd be the first one to admit that it'd be a huge adjustment to move out here for no other reason than that I've never lived on my own. Living at home for the first 28 years of life (pathetic, I know) allows for quite a bit of complacency (read: laziness) in one's lifestyle. So the fact that the entire transition - moving across the country to a place I've never been to, living on my own for the first time (not even any roomies), maintaining my own apartment, etc etc - has been so amazingly stress-free has been something of a surprise.

I asked a few friends about their experiences moving about the first time for college and most of them, even if merely moving to a new area code, said it was a huge change. So I'm guessing that the reasons for my relative ease is mainly due to my rather advanced age (notice I'm not using the word "maturity"). It's not a conclusion reached scientifically but it seems that even some of my early 20s classmates seem to require a longer adjustment period. I think it helps that I have a history of acclimating easily to new environments.

Have I mentioned what my place is like? I'm right smack dab in the middle of the art deco area and I live in the first floor of a yellow two-story apartment. It's about 600 square feet, has a decently sized kitchen, a ceiling fan, located around the corner from school, and clean. The only two complaints I would have about my studio? One: there is no carpeting anywhere and I had to sleep on the damn linolium floor the first nine days. Two: this is an art deco building erected in the 60's, back in the days when architects did lots of hard drugs and mistakenly thought that bright colors was the formula for good interior decoration. The unfortunate result of their altered state is that I'm stuck with a pink and lime green bathroom. Even the f***ing toilet is pink! Oh, about that toilet (hehe). This is a public restroom toilet. Seriously. There's NO RESERVIOR. Which means an extremely powerful flush and the occasional feeling that I'm in a movie theater or something. Especially nice is a high unlikeliness that this thing will ever get clogged. That's a good thing considering the large quantity of food I still eat and the commensurately large dumps I take. That's ok though. I enjoy a challange.

I'm sorry. Too much information? :D

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:06 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?