:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Monday, March 03, 2003 ::

I went bowling for the first time in a while last Saturday and it wasn't just any type of bowling, it was EXTREME BOWLING!!! It's bowling with the lights dimmed, strobe lights going, and loud music played over the speakers. That's like, way rad, man. And even better, it costs more to play! If it sounds like I'm being sarcastic, I am. And it's not that I don't enjoy bowling, I actually enjoy it, but this type of atmosphere doesn't really do it for me. I'm just not a big fan of the nightclub scene and it seemed that this was what the bowling alley was trying to achieve. That and the dimmed lights made the hash marks on the lane impossible to see.

Other than that, it was actually a lot of fun. While the act of bowling itself is fun, I was never very good so it's more about hanging out and having fun than keeping track of points (me keeping score in bowling is akin to some geeky sci-fi nerd keeping track of the number of drinks thrown in his face while trolling the Conga Room - which come to think of it, is probably another reason I don't like night clubs.) Everyone had a unique style to their game, with IE being the most entertaining, having an approach resembling a duck waddle. Being as it I was playing against a couple of more experienced bowlers, I experimented with my curveball somewhat and had a pretty decent groove going in the second game before reverting to my old form of throwing gutterballs.

There was a nice little competition between IE and MS for second place while JK seemed to have first place locked up. JK lost steam at the end and the other guys caught up and came within a few points of claiming first. As it turned out, GR came roaring back at the end and somehow managed to win the whole thing. This despite the fact that she threw almost as many gutterballs as I did. Where was I in all this? Battling EK for the second-to-last spot. And who got that spot? Me! Yeah baby! Who da man?!

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 11:46 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?