:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Sunday, March 23, 2003 ::

I can't believe my ears are still ringing. I went to a bar Friday night with IE and JK to check out a local Christian band called Violet Burning. For whatever reason, they had the volume up way too loud. Now, I'm all for cranking music up to 11 but I don't think the house P.A. system was meant to handle this amount of volume since the sound quality coming from the speakers ended up kinda muddied and distorted. The two openers weren't this loud. Fortunately, the band was good enough to overcome most of that. They played an hourlong set and the songs were quite good. The stage banter going on between the lead singer and lead guitarist added to the lively atmosphere.

I typically listen to music loud whether at home, at the office, or in my car so I'm able to acclimate quickly to loud volume levels. Or so I thought. I didn't realize how loud it was and how much it would affect me until afterwards. I went to two U2 concerts and it wasn't this bad (age related?). Once I got home, away from all ambient noises (cars, radios, wind, etc), I really noticed that ringing. When I tried to sleep it got LOUD. If you have never experienced anything like this before, let me tell you, it seriously blows. Imagine a nearby cricket chirping away. Now imagine it ten times larger and multiplied by 200. It goes from a "chirp, chirp, chirp" to one long, incessant "CHIIIIIIIIRRRRRP." Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night. It's affected my sleep tonight as well but it's diminished considerably, thank goodness =P

It was worth it. I haven't seen a local band play at a bar for the longest time and it felt good to once again see some guys playing rock music with a passion, fervor and enthusiasm that only comes from the simple fun and joy of playing rock music. The bar itself was small, dimly lit, smoky, and had a decent selection of beers on tap. I've never been there before, yet I felt oddly at home. I really should do this more often. I'll just bring earplugs next time.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 7:46 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?