:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Sunday, November 03, 2002 ::

I just saw "Star Wars Episode II: When Clones Attack" on the huge IMAX screen up in LA tonight and I gotta tell ya, it was pretty cool. My initial impression of the movie was that it was a great popcorn flick with some great action scenes, but that's about it. As Star Wars film though, it was highly lackluster (how's that for an oxymoron?) in terms of story, but I'll save that rant for another post.

Seeing it on IMAX was great because not only is everything magnified, the digital projection system gives every shot beautifully saturated images. There was the AWESOME speaker system that puts you virtually in the middle of the action. So much so that during the climactic lightsaber scene you could almost feel one of them slash you across your chest. The best part about it was that LucasFilm had to edit out about 10-15 minutes worth of material in order to screen it on IMAX so a lot of the scenes from the original cut that were just horrible were left out, thank goodness. I was especially grateful for them cutting the "Sound of Music" scene: Princess Amidala running across a lush green prairie moments before frolicking in the grass with Anakin was just... awkward. And never mind the horrible dialogue. That scene was proof to me that Lucas coming very close to completely losing his sense of reality. I mean really, can you just imagine what the actors' reactions might have been upon reading this scene in the script? "You want us to do what? Who the hell does this s*** anymore?" Well, that's what my reaction would have been, along with numerous exclamations of "who the hell talks like this?!"

Ok, I said I wouldn't rant about the shortcomings of this film since Lucas had the good sense to eliminate the more obvious ones from this particular cut. Still, it could have been so much better from the beginning if Lucas simply had the foresight to hire outside help to fix the more egregious elements of the script and... There I go again. I'm gonna stop now.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 6:12 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?