:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 ::

:: Like Fine Wine ::
It's the dog days of summer for service industry employees in Miami, tourists being few and far between due to humid weather and the threat of hurricanes (something the University of Miami football team didn't heed... had to throw that in). There's a lot of standing around waiting for our first customer to come in so we have plenty of time for small talk and I've used it get to know my new co-workers.

There's only one female waiter but she's treated as one of the guys since she does her job better than many of them. That she's married with a 3-year old kid probably helps keeps the most of us at a distance. Of course, guys being guys, when she's not around, talk occasionally devolves into her being a MILF. It helps that she's friendly, works hard, has a great smile, and for my benefit, wears a nice pair of glasses. Don't ask me why but I like a girl who can look good wearing glasses. Yes, we've already brought up the "Latin Sarah Palin" comparisons.

(And politics aside, Governor Palin is undeniably attractive. And not just because she looks great with glasses. Total MILF soon-to-be GILF. And personally I'd love to gerrymander her constituency... if you know what I mean. That joke would work better if she were a congresswoman but, whatever.)

(Okay, back to the post.)

We were discussing the wine list and other things. I found out she's going to be 30 soon (no I didn't ask her age, I'm not that stupid). "You shouldn't worry. You could still pass for 25." Of course that comment made her happy but only temporarily.

"Think of it this way: we have stuff behind the bar that's older than you." She laughed. I couldn't tell you what made me think of comparing a woman's age to that of a spirit but it still made sense. To me anyway. Sort of. I point to a bottle of 30-year-old Tawny Port Wine. "That bottle of Port over there is still older than you are. So you're okay."

She's still laughing. "That makes me feel better. Thanks"

"You're welcome. Although that port probably tastes better."

"What?"

"Nothing."

Labels: , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 10:20 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?