:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Monday, December 19, 2005 ::

:: Week 15 Recap ::
This is where the football season gets interesting, with many playoff implications on the line. Also, it's less than week till Christmas. Do you know where your elves are?
  • Colts lose. Since we can stop wondering about whether Tony Dungy is going to rest his players, the rest of the world can now go on with their lives and focus on more important stuff. Like whether or not Ron Artest might end up on the Lakers, debating if Jessica Simpson's new collagen-enhanced lips are just gaudy (they are), or trying to figure out just who exactly The Carver is on "Nip/Tuck."
  • Also, Petyon already looked like he's in playoff form. (D-CAF!!!)
  • Maybe it's just me but Houston's second win kinda felt the same to me the way Soap Opera fans must have felt when Susan Lucci finally took home a trophy.
  • This was the first time in a while that I got to watch my 49ers play. I don't wanna say that our team looked bad but the last time I saw a group of people drop the ball this much, Mike Brown was head of FEMA. I don't wanna say our season looks bleak but even the guys on the Lions and the Texans are happy that they're not playing for Frisco. I don't wanna say that our offense looked inert but I saw a lot more energy from Terri Schiavo (too soon?).
  • Last weekend a movie about gay cowboys called "Bareback Mountain," was released. That same weekend, the Cowboys get spanked by the Redskins 35-7. Coincidence?
  • Note Completely Unrelated to Football: I just ordered a peppermint hot chocolate from Starbucks for the first time and let me tell you... it's awesome.
  • Houston's season is so bloody awful that they somehow managed to screw up their chances to draft Reggie Bush. I'm convinced that their win over Arizona was totally an accident.
  • After hearing those sound bites from Don Shula and Bob Greise from the last undefeated team talking about how they didn't have champagne, but instead toasted Diet Coke and how they're not "angry old men" or whatever, all I could think about was how Al Bundy from "Married with Children" desperately clinging on to his glory days as a high school football player. Except Al had an ounce of dignity.
  • I saw part of the Detroit game. It's nice to see that the guys on the Lions haven't completely given up. They played very hard and lost very bad.
  • Speaking of which, Chad Johnson's touchdown celebration this week consisted of merely handing the football to the ref. Perhaps a little ode to Barry Sanders? There's no joke here, I think that was his tribute to the greatest Detroit Lion ever. Which proves my theory that as outlandish as his antics may be, as much as he may be an attention whore, unlike Terrell Owens his first desire and primary goal is for his team to win. And Chad actually has respect for the game. I could go on about this but that almost its own column.
  • Second Note Completely Unrelated to Football: Don't you love how I've become so self-important that I'm actually referring to my weekly recaps as "columns?"
  • It may look like I'm flip-flopping more than John Kerry about the Patriots are looking pretty good they made a strong statement yesterday: Tampa is waaay overrated.
  • Naturally, now that their playoff hopes are erased and their season is gone, the Eagles string off two wins in a row. Rams suck.
  • Houston is the best team in the NFL right now. Seriously, follow along. They just beat Arizona who earlier this year beat Cleveland, who beat Miami, who beat San Diego, who just beat the formerly undefeated Indianapolis Colts. AND they might still get the Number 1 draft pick. How awesome is that? (This is my last "Houston Sucks" joke, I promise. And you've no idea how long I've been waiting to use that joke.)
  • Someone told me that every time Chris Chamber drops a pass, an angel gets her wings.
  • Final Note Completely Unrelated to Football: I'm not sure if my last post about staying in Miami seemed whiney or negative but that's not how I meant for it come off. Certainly, there are things I'll miss about going back home but this is stuff that hits me every now and then any time of the year. I really am looking forward to the holidays.
Next week, in tribute to the TopCats (lesbian) Cheerleaders, my rendition of "I Saw Mommy Kissing a MILF."

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 3:23 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?